Barcelona weigh the punches of Chelsea’s Hakim Ziyech and Bayern Munich’s Kingsley Coman
The summer transfer window was unlike any other; check out all the major offers and find out how we ranked the biggest signings. And just because the window is closed until January doesn’t mean the rumors won’t continue. Here are the latest gossip and speculation.
TOP STORY: Chelsea looks at Ziyech, Coman moves
Since Xavi Hernandez arrived at Barcelona there has been a lot of talk about his desire to bring in at least one new winger to strengthen his frontline, with Raheem Sterling from Manchester City and Dani Olmo from RB Leipzig the main players. mentioned.
However, Diario Sport have brought two new names: Chelsea’s Hakim Ziyech and Bayern Munich Kingsley coman.
Ziyech is the main focus of the report as he struggled for substantial playing time under Thomas Tuchel at Stamford Bridge and is seen as a viable option by Barcelona.
The report says Chelsea may be willing to loan out the Morocco international while including a non-binding option to make the deal permanent – something that will be important for the Catalan giants if they want to bring him in.
Ziyech already has a January offer from Borussia Dortmund, but is waiting to see what Barcelona do.
The Blaugrana have also made contact with Bayern Munich regarding a possible Coman move, but the idea of a loan transfer has been scrapped altogether, making it less likely that they will be able to secure the services of the France international.
It’s clear Xavi will have the final say on who gets brought in – with those behind the scenes at Barcelona doing all they can to give him the best options – and the manager is aware that it will be difficult to recruit quality players in the middle. the club’s current financial difficulties.
– ESPN + Guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (US)
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN + (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
– Aurélien Tchouameni has been linked with most of the biggest clubs in the world in recent months, and El Nacional now says Real Madrid will fight with Chelsea to sign the France international from Monaco. It is reported that Roman Abramovich has already started negotiations with AS Monaco and is ready to make an initial offer of € 38million to sign the midfielder in January. Los Blancos will now have to take action, Tchouameni preferring a transfer to Madrid, even if Cesc Fabregas tries to persuade him to join the Blues.
– Dejan Koulusevski could leave Juventus on loan or permanently in January, with Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur their most likely destinations, according to Calciomercato. He has struggled for Juventus this season, with his only goal against Zenit St. Petersburg, and it is reported that it will be difficult for the Sweden international to join another Serie A club despite Atalanta’s interest. and the suggestions that he could pass on to Fiorentina. as part of a deal for Dusan Vlahovic.
– The Times reports that Newcastle United are looking to Serie A as the Magpies aim to strengthen their squad in January. Outlet says Newcastle aim to bring in the Internazionale duo Stefan from Vrij and Marcelo Brozovic, as well as the keeper of Lazio Thomas strakosha. The latter two have contracts that end in 2022, while De Vrij’s peaks a year later.
– With Alexandre lacazetteWith Arsenal’s contract expiring in the summer of 2022, Arsenal are unwilling to offer the Frenchman a long-term deal, but a shorter contract is not ruled out, The Athletic has said. The Gunners are aware that a new deal for Lacazette could have a domino effect on the development of their young forwards and restrict their ability to recruit a new leader.
– AC Milan have scheduled a meeting with Mino Raiola to discuss that of Alessio Romagnoli contractual situation, as his current deal is set to end in the summer of 2022, according to a tweet from Fabrice Romano. He adds that there is no update on Frank Kessie’s situation, while Milan will soon announce the extension of Stefano Pioli, who will keep him at the club until June 2024.