Newcastle circle £ 70million Fiorentina star Dusan Vlahovic
The summer transfer window was unlike any other; check out all the major offers and find out how we ranked the biggest signings. And just because the window is closed until January doesn’t mean the rumors won’t continue. Here are the latest gossip and speculation.
Newcastle United are on high alert as they seek to sign the Fiorentina striker Dusan Vlahovic in January, according to the Sun.
Many of Europe’s biggest clubs have been linked with the Serbian international, including Juventus and Manchester City.
However, with their new owners, the Magpies hope to bring in the forward, who helped his country defeat Portugal to reach the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.
Newcastle have sent scouts to watch this game and Fiorentina may be willing to replace their star man if a fee can be agreed – largely due to his current contract expiring in the summer of 2022.
Signing the 21-year-old will take a lot of expense to sign, but reports that £ 70million will be needed are overblown.
While Eddie Howe hoped to bring experienced players to the Premier League, the feeling is that it could be difficult to deal with clubs within the league, leaving them on the alert when it comes to players plying their trade. abroad.
They are hoping to bring in two full-backs, a center-back, a midfielder and a striker, but are aware that they will likely be charged a premium by whoever they deal with.
– ESPN + Guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (US)
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN + (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
– Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich set to extend contract for Andreas Christensen to make sure the Denmark international does not join Barcelona, as reported by El Nacional. The center-back’s current deal culminates in the summer of 2022, and Barcelona manager Xavi Hernandez is reportedly interested in bringing him to Camp Nou. Joan Laporta also wants to make a deal due to the end of her contract.
– Although no formal offer has yet been made, Wolfsburg have fallen behind an anonymous Premier League top six side in the race for FC Dallas striker Ricardo Pepi, as reported by Tom bogert. A deal is still expected to be reached only if a club comes up with an offer of at least US $ 15million for the USMNT international.
– Lazio goalkeeper Thomas strakosha wants to complete a move to Newcastle United, as reported by Ekrem Konur. The Albanian international is one of the players who have been strongly linked to the Magpies since their recent takeover, and it seems the interest is mutual.
– Harry winks is a key target for Newcastle United during the January transfer window, the Daily Mail reports, adding that Howe is desperate for additional creativity in the midfield while bringing Premier League experience. The Tottenham Hotspur midfielder is looking for more playing time than he has received in north London. Weston McKennie of Juventus is seen as an alternative.
– Southampton are interested in signing Ajax goalkeeper, 17 Charlie setford, as reported by TEAMtalk. The England junior international is the subject of interest for other Premier League clubs, having benched Ajax first-team, but it is the Saints who are currently the first.